Tape-in Hair Extension Do's and Don'ts
Tape-in hair extensions have their share of benefits. For instance, they're simple to apply. However, you have to take care of them properly if you want them to last and look natural. Here are some do's and don'ts to help you make the most out of your tape-in hair extensions:
- You don't want to brush the roots of your tape-in. You could damage the bonds of the hair. Instead, brush it carefully and only brush the portion not adhered to your hair.
- Avoid applying hair products directly onto the tape. Certain hair products can losen up the adhesive causing your tape-in hair extensions to come off.
- Don't color your tape-in hair extension. The chemicals used to color hair can damage your extensions.
- Forgo on applying high heat to your extensions as much as possible. When using hairdryers, straighteners, and curling irons use them on low heat and never apply it directly to the tape.
- Use styling tools on your hair in a low-heat setting. As long as you don't apply too much heat to your extensions, you can style them normally.
- Try an Ombre style where you have two different colors applied to your hair and hair extensions. It's both fun and fresh. Make sure your hair and extensions are cleaned thoroughly before going to the salon.
- Put your hair into a loose braid while you sleep to prevent your extensions from tangling and frizzing.
- Do make sure you apply the proper hair products for your hair extensions. If applying hair products, be sure to start application at least an inch below the tape.
You Make Your Extensions What They Are
You must take care of your tape-in extensions if you want them to look natural and last. This is especially the case when you plan on wearing them for up to 8 weeks. Even how you take care of them daily can alter their longevity.